Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Softie Goes To A DGA Screening


Had a terrible experience Sunday...I went to the DGA to see THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON and GRAN TORINO.

When I walked in I heard a loud thud to the right of me in the lobby. A man had a heart attack and fell to the floor.

The DGA staff was terrific..immediately working to save him WHILE THE MEMBERS CONTINUED TO LINE UP FOR THE FILM RIGHT NEXT TO THE GROUP TRYING TO SAVE THE MAN'S LIFE.

I went outside and watched through the windows...911 arrived and took over. He would start breathing and stop...they pounded on his chest and he'd start to breath again, only to stop again. At one point he let out a terrible groan. I remember a doctor telling me, when I was shooting a documentary, that could mean brain damage. I don't know if the man will make it.

He was still alive as they sped off to the hospital...alive due to Ron of the DGA staff.

I was very upset and left. I didn't see anyone else leave.

They went in to see the movie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Disgusting.

kathleen said...

Disturbing. I think I would've taken thoughts of that man home with me that evening, the theatre long since forgotten.

 
Pinecone Stew